Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Here is a simple recipe that is oh so good on a wintry cold day!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 medium Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 apples (Macintosh or Empire)
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup cream (or condensed milk)
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Melt butter in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- Add water, bouillon, carrots, rice and apple. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on medium low for 25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then blend in blender, add coriander then blend for 2 seconds to mix. Add salt (optional) and cream, reheat and serve.