Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup is so easy and delicious. A friend gave me the recipe. My family still can't believe there isn't some secret ingredient.
- Put the stock in a large pot and bring the to a boil.
- Peel, wash and chop the carrots.
- Boil the carrots for about 20 minutes until soft.
- Remove pot from heat and use a hand blender to mix thoroughly.
- Add the sour cream. blend again.
- Add salt to taste.
Easy easy recipe to make up. I used up 2 carrots and a bag of baby carrots, ending up with a little more than the recipe stated. I had to add another cup of water, about 1/2 tsp ginger, salt and pepper. My DH and I had this with a 1/2 sandwich and that was perfect. I would certainly do this one again!
This was great! I hadn't had carrot soup before and it was delicious. The whole family loved it. And boy, sure was inexpensive! Thanks for the great recipe!
YUM. I've never had carrot soup before and I enjoyed this. It was so very easy to make. I did not use the salt and did not miss it at all. I made this for Spring the PAC 2007 game. Update: I had some of this soup cold today and like it much better cool. I has a very rich flavor.