Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy & good. PS also good for you!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 -5 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 3 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked white rice
- Saute onions & carrots in butter,untill onions are translusent.
- Add broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add rice & stir.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer& cover.
- Cook 30 minutes or until carrots are soft.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree entire mixture.
- Return to pot & simmer till warm.
- Serve with fresh ground black pepper & oyster crackers.
- If desired add a little milk,sour cream or plain yogurt.
Excellent. I used olive oil and butter and sauteed 4 cloves of garlic along with the onion and carrots. Added a cup of whole milk and lots of pepper at the end. Thanks!
This was fantastic. Nice and creamy, smooth, and flavorful. I put the onion and carrots in a food processor to chop it up to begin with, before sauteing. I also used brown rice and simmered for 45 minutes to make sure the rice was done. Thanks for a delicious, simple, easy soup!
Nice simple soup. i added a bit of whole milk or whipping cream and used brown rice.