2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 50 mins
Caraway seeds add rich flavor to this light, airy tart. Use 1 single Basic Tart Crust dough from my recipe collection.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Blind bake crust in a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom until golden brown. Set aside.
- 2Cut peeled carrots into uniform pieces and cook in simmering salted water until tender, about 10 minutes; drain and let cool. In a food processor puree carrots, caraway seeds and salt until very smooth; set aside.
- 3In a small saucepan over medium-high heat melt butter and flour together. Whisk in milk and cookm stirring constantly until sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat; add cheese and egg yolks, whisking to combine until cheese is melted. Whisk sauce into carrot puree until well mixed.
- 4Whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into carrot mixture until there are no egg-white streaks. Gently spread into aked crust.
- 5Bake until just set in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly, then remove tart ring and use a spatula to slide tart from pan bake onto a serving platter. Garnish with roasted baby carrots and chervil. Serve warm or chilled.
- 6NOTE: RING REMOVAL: Here's a quick tip for taking off the tart pan ring: Let the tart cool slightly, then set it on an upturned bowl and the ring will fall to the counter.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Souffle Tart
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.9 mg
- Sodium 387.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: