Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. A light, airy side dish with a crunchy topping highlighting Hidden Valley seasoning.
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs, regular or 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- 2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the carrots and shallots. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until carrots are tender. Drain and cool for 5 minutes, then add to food processor.
- 3. To carrots in food processor, add yogurt, eggs, baking powder, salt, pepper, cumin, and nutmeg. Pulse until smooth. Pour into prepared baking dish and set dish inside a larger baking dish. Pour hot water around smaller dish to a depth of ¾”. Bake for 40 minutes.
- 4. In a separate bowl, mix Hidden Valley Original Ranch seasoning packet, cheese, chives, bread crumbs, almonds, and melted butter. Mixture will be crumbly. After souffle has baked for 40 minutes, sprinkle seasoning mixture over the top and return to the oven for about 15 minutes. When cheese is melted and top is golden, remove from oven. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
This sounds elegant and tasty. I want to try it soon.