From Kosher Tasty Meals, Kadimah Toras-Moshe Cookbook. I haven't tried this but wanted to put it here for future seders! This sounds like an interesting recipe with dill, scallions, orange rind, ground ginger, and orange juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, snipped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cake crumbs, for Passover
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Oil a 6-cup souffle dish.
- 3Combine the first ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add cake meal, stirring well with wire whisk until well blended.
- 5Add the orange juice to the saucepan and cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- 6Combine the saucepan mixture with the carrot mixture and add beaten egg yolks; mix thoroughly.
- 7In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- 8Fold egg whites into carrot mixture and pour into prepared souffle dish.
- 9Bake in lower third of the oven about 40 minutes. until puffed and brown and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Souffle for Passover
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.5
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 224.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: