Recipe by Oolala
From Kosher Tasty Meals, Kadimah Toras-Moshe Cookbook. I haven't tried this but wanted to put it here for future seders! This sounds like an interesting recipe with dill, scallions, orange rind, ground ginger, and orange juice.
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, snipped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cake crumbs, for Passover
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Oil a 6-cup souffle dish.
- Combine the first ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add cake meal, stirring well with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add the orange juice to the saucepan and cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Combine the saucepan mixture with the carrot mixture and add beaten egg yolks; mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into carrot mixture and pour into prepared souffle dish.
- Bake in lower third of the oven about 40 minutes. until puffed and brown and serve immediately.