Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandmother made this at every family gathering when I was growing up, it was the only way she could get me to eat vegetables! It's always a favorite among picky children. The final product tastes a lot like a sweet potato pie, but we always used it as a side dish to a main meat dish (especially good with turkey or steak).
- 3 cups carrots (either 3 cans of sliced carrots, or if using "real" carrots, then steamed and mashed)
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix wet ingredients separately from dry in a food processor or blender.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into a 9x9 glass/corning ware for thicker souffle or a 13x9 pan for more servings.
- Cook at 350 for 45 minutes or an hour until set. It will be slightly brown around the edges.