Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you're not a carrot lover, not to worry, it tastes like the filling in a squash pie. If you don't like squash pie, well, I guess it tastes like carrots.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen carrots or 1 (16 ounce) bag fresh carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup light cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 -5 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash ginger
- 1 dash allspice
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- Cook carrots till'very' tender in salted water.
- Drain and mash.
- Combine all ingredients and mix with w/elctric mixer till smooth.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or till set.
- Can be made a day ahead and re-heated in a 350 degree over.
Simply amazing!!! It tastes like the filling in a pumpkin pie and my husband agreed. This is so good and for a gluten-free dessert, here is how I adapted the recipe: Only use 1/4 cup of light brown sugar. Just use 3 eggs. I omitted the butter. I dumped all of the ingredients into my food processor and blended till smooth. I just used butter to grease the pie plate where I put the mixture and baked for 50 minutes. If you are an ex-pat living overseas and cannot get pumpkin pie, this recipe is the pie filling for you. Seriously yummy!
I used 1 two pound bag & 1/4c sugar because these often come out too sweet for me. I used 4 eggs. It was perfect. We could taste the spices, it wasn't too sweet, it was a bit custardy (YEAH!!) and just YUMMY. We had guests whose dd doesn't eat much but liked this. :) Thank you!
Very good! My 9 year old son happily ate it and then went back for seconds and thirds when usually he won't touch cooked carrots=)