Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish; set aside.
- Cook carrots in boiling water to cover for 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine carrots, butter, eggs, flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon an dprocess until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides.
- Spoon into prepared dish.
- Bake about 1 hour or until lighlty browned.
- Serve immediately.
Outstanding!I used 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Warm, comfort food and smells wonderful!
Thank you for this recipe! I get RAVE reviews by my kids, family and friends on this! And thank you to the other comment that said they topped it with nuts. Never thought of that! What a great idea!
This is a great basic recipe. I substitued brown sugar for sugar, then added pure maple syrup, and topped it with chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts). I have also lined the sides with sliced apples and bananas. This is a favorite dish.