Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I tried this at a church pot luck lunch. The lady who brought it kindly shared her recipe with me. The combination of sweet, creamy, warm, and spicy makes this dish the very definition of "comfort food". Tastes like a yummy pudding. A great way to get the kids to eat some vegggies.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook carrots in boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine the carrots and the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart souffle' dish.
- Bake at 350 about 1 hour or until set and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ This was my first time making a souffle, but it turned out nicely, for a pleasing & satisfying vegetable dish! Certainly is a different way to serve up carrots! Thanks for this recipe ~ I'll be keeping it on file!