Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice and easy way to hide some carrots!!
- 59.14 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml finely-shredded carrot
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 6.16 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- In a small mixer bowl beat margarine and sugar til blended.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in carrot.
- In another bowl combine flour, powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- Add carrot mixture and stir until blended.
- Spray an 8x8x2" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
This was good and easy to make but it didn't come out looking like a carrot cake to me.I followed the recipe as written. I;m not sure if I cut my carrots up small enough. The cake had a good taste to it but it just didn't look like a carrot cake to me.
This is a wonderful recipe; I made them into muffins instead, and added Â½ cup of well drained crushed pineapple, Â¼ cup walnuts, and a tablespoon of sour cream. I really great Treat!!
This is great for a lower fat carrot cake. I didn't have any eggs so I used 3 egg whites, a dash of allspice instead of nutmeg and whole wheat flour. I had to bake it for 10 more minutes maybe because I used a small bread pan so it was a bit taller. I used a cream cheese frosting and it was perfect. On it's own it may be a bit bland.