Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes a smaller cake, perfect to snack on for the day --- you can also add in 1 cup crshed drained pineapple :)
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Kitten, the text of this cake is perfect. The taste of this cake is perfect. This cake is perfect...ly delicious. The only change I made was to sub chopped coconut for the raisins. My neighbors and I thank you for posting.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup light raisins (optional)
CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second lowest position.
- Grease a 9-in square pan.
- For cake; combine first 8 ingredients.
- Beat on med speed 3 mins, scaping down sides of bowl.
- Stir in last 3 ingredients; mix well.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 50-60 mins, or until cake tests done.
- FOR ICING; Cream the cream cheese with butter until fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar, beat until well mixed and smooth; about 1 minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients, beat until well mixed and fluffy.
- Spread over cooled cake.