Recipe by foodtvfan
A delicious carrot cake to feed a crowd. No pineapple in this one. Substitute raisins for the nuts if you like. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting, recipe provided. Frosted cake can be frozen. You could also use caramel frosting, creamy pineapple frosting, or Orange Icing, #126165. Another Taste of Home easy-to-make treasured recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 15" x 10" x 1" baking pan (I use Pan Release Recipe #78579).
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, oil and sugar until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and beat well.
- Stir in carrots and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree fahrenheit oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Beat in icing sugar.
- Spread over cake.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.