Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are just too cute and taste as good as your best egg salad.
- 1 roll, pillsbury crescent seamless dough sheet (OR better yet make your own, try Crescent Roll Dough (Bread Machine) or Buttery Soft Crescent Rolls)
- 1 egg, whisked with 1 teaspoon of water to make an egg wash
- yellow liquid food coloring
- red food coloring
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg salad
- 1 bunch fresh dill or 1 bunch parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll the Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet onto a cutting board. Use a pizza cutter or a knife to cut the dough lengthwise into 6 equal strips. Brush one strip with egg wash.
- If using your own, roll to 18x6 inch rectangle and proceed.
- Roll the strip into a 17"-18" long log. I rolled the strip of dough up into a tube and pinched the seam shut. Then I rolled out the dough into a thinner, longer log by pushing and rolling the log with both hands.
- Repeat, brushing egg wash onto each dough strip before rolling each into logs.Create 6 logs.
- Wrap one dough log around each cream horn mold, trying to keep the seam side against the metal mold. Repeat.
- Don't let the dougn hang over the open end of the cream horn mold.
- Line a baking sheet silpatl or parchment paper.
- Squeeze about 30 drops of yellow food coloring into a small bowl. Add one or two drops of red. Stir to create orange.
- Brush the orange food coloring all over each carrot shaped dough. Set carrots on lined baking sheet.
- You can just brush them with egg wash is you don't want the food color. The carrot will bake up golden brown.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the cream horn form by holding the carrot in one hand and using the other hand to twist the mold and gently pull it out.
- Your carrots will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days, but are best served the day they are baked.
- Just before serving, fill each Carrot Crescent with egg salad or whatever you want.
- Press a few sprigs of dill or parsley into the egg salad to create your carrot top.