Recipe by Nyteglori
You can use lettuce instead of spinach in this. You can use cooked carrots in this instead of raw if desired.
Top Review by janice b.
I was looking for a substitute for the Mayonaise that is usually in the Southern carrot and raisin salad. This dressing is grand....I did not do the recipe as it is written, since I already had grated my carrot, added chopped dates, since someone ate my raisin stash, and had chopped candied ginger for heat. Gonna roast some almonds now, after reading the recipe. Thanks you.
- 44.37 ml low-fat sour cream
- 29.58 ml low fat cottage cheese
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley
- 0.19 ml Tabasco sauce
- 0.19 ml lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 4 carrots, julienne
- 946.36 ml fresh Baby Spinach
- 59.14 ml toasted almond
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend sour cream, cottage cheese, Tabasco, lemon juice until smooth. Add parsley, salt and pepper and blend a few seconds longer.
- Pour dressing over carrots and mix (be gentle if using cooked carrots).
- Arrange spinach in 4 bowls, and spoon carrots in center of bowls. Top with almonds and cherry tomatoes.