Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nutritious salad that is equally as tasty with a sandwich or your favorite casserole. The tangy citrus flavors enhance this favorite salad combination.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 lb carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 small green apples, cored, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces pineapple, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- Simmer the raisins for 3 - 4 minutes in 2 cups water; let sit 10 - 15 minutes to cool and steep. Chill.
- Mix together the chilled raisins, carrots, apples, pineapple, peanuts, salt and pepper, and the celery seed.
- Blend the lemon juice, lemon zest, and sour cream; pour over the carrot and fruit mixture and thoroughly toss to coat well.
- Chill; serve in lettuce cups or over shredded lettuce. (Toss thoroughly before spooning on lettuce.).
- Refrigerate leftovers.
REALLY REALLY DELICIOUS. I love the pineapple and lemon zest! Refreshing in the heat. AND there's NO stinky garlic - YAY!