Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My DIL Leah made this Bill Granger salad for us last night. The original calls for a handful of small olives, Leah used a 375g jar of kalmata olives which was perfect. She cut the carrots into long thin matchsticks (julienne).
- 3 carrots, finely julienned
- 1 small red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 375 g kalamata olives, pitted
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Toss the carrots, chilli, coriander, olives and salt and pepper (to taste) in a large bowl.
- Whisk the remaining 4 ingredients together, add to the salad and toss well again.
This was alright cold but I liked it much better at room temperature. I used a couple dashes of chili powder instead of the small red chile as I didn't have anything else to substitute. We also do not like hot spicy. The rest I followed exactly using freshly squeezed lemon juice. Made for MAKE MY RECIPE~Tag Game Ed't 10.
I have not made this recipe but had the pleasure of enjoying the last time I caught up with Jan. Such a simple recipe but with such outstanding flavours, who would have thought a carrot salad could be so wonderful. I hope to make this very soon. Thanks Jan - I love your recipes