Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT9 – Morocco. This recipe is from cookbook: More HeartSmart Cooking With Bonnie Stern. This lovely salad has a big punch of flavor. You will be left smiling. Toasting the sesame seeds really enhances the flavor.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Made this delicious salad tonight -- loved the combination of flavors. Carrots are my favorite vegetable so it's nice to have another delicious recipe to add to my collection. I halved the recipe and it still made plenty.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon wild flower honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin (I don't use because of dh)
- 1⁄16 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut carrots diagonally into 1/2 " pieces.
- Place carrots in rapidly boiling water and cook for 4 minutes, drain, rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, add the orange & lemon juices, honey, parpika, cumin and cinnamon.
- Next add in the carrots and toss, sprinkle with the mint, cilantro, parsley, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Note: * To toast sesame seeds *.
- Place sesame seeds in a dry skillet and shake over medium high heat until lightly toasted. They cook quickly becareful not to burn them.