Prep 16 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT9 – Morocco. This recipe is from cookbook: More HeartSmart Cooking With Bonnie Stern. This lovely salad has a big punch of flavor. You will be left smiling. Toasting the sesame seeds really enhances the flavor.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon wild flower honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin (I don't use because of dh)
- 1⁄16 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cut carrots diagonally into 1/2 " pieces.
- Place carrots in rapidly boiling water and cook for 4 minutes, drain, rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, add the orange & lemon juices, honey, parpika, cumin and cinnamon.
- Next add in the carrots and toss, sprinkle with the mint, cilantro, parsley, sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Note: * To toast sesame seeds *.
- Place sesame seeds in a dry skillet and shake over medium high heat until lightly toasted. They cook quickly becareful not to burn them.
Made this delicious salad tonight -- loved the combination of flavors. Carrots are my favorite vegetable so it's nice to have another delicious recipe to add to my collection. I halved the recipe and it still made plenty.
This was a refreshing tasty salad! I love carrots and I always have some on hand as I know that I can make delicious dishes with them. Oranges are a wonderful ingredient to be combined with carrots and the flavor of the spices really melted well with the other ingredients. Thanks a lot for posting this recipe.
This is a great carrot salad and carrot salad's are one of my favorite things so YAY! It's Feb in the frozen North so I had to use dried mint but am looking forward to the arrival of warmer weather so that I'll be able to get fresh mint again. My single adjustment was to use Splenda in place of the honey because I'm diabetic. Thanks much BK for sharing. :D