Recipe by FarAwayLea
The honey-mustard in the dressing takes the carrots to the next level. No longer are they simply grated carrots.
Top Review by bluesagegirl
I grew up on carrot salad! I decided to try this and what a great flavor!! The mustard added a nice touch and the peaches were a great idea. I used canned peaches because I didn't have fresh, but I will definately try this again when I have fresh peaches!!! Great recipe thanks!!
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 peaches or 2 nectarines
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisins or 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds, roasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey and lemon juice.
- Coarsely grate the carrots and put into salad bowl.
- Peel the peaches/nectarines, cut into cubes and add to bowl.
- Add the raisins/cranberries Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Decorate with almonds and serve.