Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple salad is is very pretty and I've used it as a side dish or even as a filling for pita breads!
- 1 lb young carrot, grated
- 2 ounces plump raisins or 2 ounces plump golden sultana raisins
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Place carrots and raisins into a bowl.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, cinnamon and honey; season and pour over the carrots and raisins.
- Toss together and serve with a garnish of the toasted almonds.
I made this recipe this afternoon. I was a little intrigued by the cinnamon, it is not one of the normal carrot salad ingredients that I am use to, but the flavors work nicely together. I added craisins instead of raisins, and glazed walnuts instead of almonds, because that's what I had on hand. I also ended up adding a smidge more honey to sweeten it up just a bit more. Thank you for the unique recipe.