Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom has been making this for us since we were kids. I have made it countless times now and it is always a success. Serve as a starter, a side or on a buffet.
- 4 carrots
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons small capers (save the vinegar they are pickled in)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn (coasely ground)
- Grate the carrots, the finer the better. Using a food processor will make this step easy and quick, add time to your preparation if you do this buy hand!
- Add the sunflower oil, the capers and the vinegar they were pickled in, and the pepper.
- Salt to taste.
- Adjust the amount of oil you add depending on how much ahead you are preparing the salad because the carrots will "drink" the liquid. So if you prepare this dish the day before, put a little more oil so the salad stays moist.
- Adjust the amount of vinegar according to taste.
This is a pretty and healthy salad and while we did enjoy the crispness of the carrots, the capers were a bit too much for our taste. Made for PAC.