Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This crisp salad is yummy atop burgers-especially my Curried Chicken or Turkey Burger--or as a refreshing addition to any salad plate. Originally from a local paper's food section on summer barbequing.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon freshly snipped chives
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Add the grated carrots and chives; toss to coat with the dressing.
Great salad or topping for sandwiches/burgers. Next time I'd increase the Dijon, lemon juice, and chives. Even better the next day.