Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the FOOD column of the Weekend magazine dated April 8th'2005 that featured all Moroccan recipes. Enjoy!
- 1 lb carrot, scraped, washed and sliced into thin rounds
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chili powder
- Put the carrots, garlic and 1 teaspoons of salt in a large saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes and then drain.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Stir fry carrots in the oil on medium heat for 10 minutes or until the carrots are cooked.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Stir in the carrots.
- Serve hot or cold.