Recipe by Chef Dudo
Very nice as side-dish.
Top Review by amie13
I was looking for something to spice up my shredded carrot, cabbage and iceberg lettuce salad - this dressing certainly did that. It's completely easy and has a wonderful and addictive sweet&sour flavour. Omitted the chives and didnt miss them. Oh and marinating time is a must. Thank you for posting.
- 1 lb carrot
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 chili pepper, finely chopped
- 3 chives, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the carrots into thin slivers, either by hand or in food processor.
- Heat, in small saucepan, lemon juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Take off the heat and add oil, garlic, ginger, chili pepper and chives.
- Mix and season with salt.
- Pour dressing over carrots.
- Let salad marinate in refridgerator for at least one hour before serving.