Recipe by 3KillerBs
Not just one, but 3, distinct flavors from a simple, inexpensive recipe. Kid-friendly and a potluck pleaser. Plain yogurt can be substituted for the mayonnaise if preferred. Lightly sweet, but not dessertish.
- 1 lb carrot, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash ground cinnamon or 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh mint leaves (a pinch or 2 dried) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix carrots, raisins, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chosen seasoning together in a large bowl.
- Let sit, refrigerated, 30-60 minutes.
- Stir again and serve.
- Increase the amount of mayo and lemon if a creamier salad is desired.
- If your taste buds prefer a sweeter version I recommend using honey to taste.
- Variation -- try dried apricots or dried apples, chopped to size, instead of the raisins.