Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Cold carrot salad. I got this recipe from a friend who's mom had been making it for years. We seem to always make it at the holidays but it would also be a nice for a bbq or potluck.
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook carrots for 9 minute (until firm-tender) drain and cool.
- Transfer carrots to a bowl. Add onions & green peppers.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients and pour over carrots. Toss to combine.
- Cover & refrigerate overnight. Keeps well in the fridge for some time.