Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve this as part of a Moroccan style meal. I also love to serve it as a dip with Turkish bread and crisp vegetables.
- Peel carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Boil, steam or microwave the carrots until tender.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic and spices and cook, stirring until fragrant.
- Stir in the carrots, cook stirring until well coated in the oil mixture.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar and coriander.
- Season well to taste with salt and pepper.
- I like to cool this to room temperature before serving, but you can make it the day before and refrigerate it if you wish.
Jan's been on my mind lately and I decided to have a good look at her recipes. It's a good thing I did, since this salad is the perfect thing to take to my hosts for dinner tomorrow night. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to make this again, since I've been picking away at it since last night and there's not much left for my friends. I doubled the garlic to keep the vampires at bay ;-) Thanks Jan, good on you!
I made these with a spicy North African chicken dish, and they were perfect together! I used whole baby carrots and steamed them for about five minutes.
I made the warm version of this to accompany Jan S's "Chicken with prunes, apricots and honey" and "Cumin Potatoes". I didn't like the aroma of the spice mix when I cooked it up and almost didn't add the carrots, but the finished product had a very pleasant flavour and I will definately make the recipe again. Simple to make and something different.