Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Rosalie. Delicious sweet and sour dressing.
- 1 lb carrot
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 bell pepper, any color
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (sugar substitute) or 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato soup
- Peel and slice carrots diagonally. Steam for 3 minutes in microwave. Carrots should still be a little crisp, but not soft.
- Slice onion and pepper.
- Stir all dressing ingredients until sugar dissolves.
- Mix all together and chill.
I used 6 large carrots and used sweet white onion, bell pepper. I cut the sugar, vinegar, canola oil and tomato soup in half. Simple, good for you and I would make again. I tossed the carrots a few times in the dressing while chilling. I like the idea of steaming and chilling. You can make in the morning and chill. It is ready with a little toss for supper. Great Recipe.