Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great refreshing summertime treat!
- 6 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 of an orange
- 1⁄2 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- Wash & peel the carrots, then grate them coarsely.
- Lightly toast the sunflower seeds on a cookie sheet under the broiler for a few minutes.
- Squeeze the juice out of both the orange and lemon. Add the juices to a jar containing the remaining dressing ingredients (honey, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper) Screw on the lid and shake well.
- Put the shredded carrots, sunflower seeds, and raisins into a salad bowl. Pour the dressing over the top of everything, toss well, and serve at room temperature.
This was very light and refreshing ! I really enjoyed it . I am going to try it again with a little cilantro or parsley and see how it is ! Thanks !