Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A yummy carrot salad, great to make in any season. Plan ahead, this needs to chill for 24 hours.
- 2 -3 lbs carrots, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Boil the carrots in salted water until firm-tender (about 3 minutes, do not over-cook, leave firm but a wee bit tender) drain and cool well.
- Transfer carrots to a bowl.
- Add in the onions and peppers; toss to combine.
- In a bowl, combine soup, sugar, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and mustard powder (adjust all seasonings to suit taste).
- Pour over the carrots; toss to combine.
- Cover and chill for 24 hours.
I wasn't sure about the use of the tomato soup in a recipe like this but since I'm usually willing to try new things (SOME, anyway) I took this one on & wasn't disppointed! The combo of other flavors, along with the soup, really helped make this A VERY UNUSUAL, VERY TASTY CARROT SALAD! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the great Bargain Basement tag game]