chef sassypants's Note:
My grandma always made pumpkin rolls for the holidays and i decided to play around with the recipe and came up with this. Everyone loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Beat eggs on high for 5 minutes.
- 2Gradually beat in sugar.
- 3Stir in carrots and lemon juice.
- 4Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- 5Pour into a 15 x 10 x 1-in jellyroll pan lined with parchment paper.
- 6Top with pecans bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- 7Turn out onto towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- 8Roll cake and towel together.
- 9Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- 10Roll back out and spread filling over cake.
- 11Roll back up without the towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 12For the filling:.
- 13Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- 14Add nuts and vanilla and continue mixing.
- 15Spread over cake and roll up.
- 16Wrap in waxed paper and foil.
- 17Freeze or chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Roll
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.6
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 279.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 5.2 g