Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My grandma always made pumpkin rolls for the holidays and i decided to play around with the recipe and came up with this. Everyone loved it.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Beat eggs on high for 5 minutes.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Stir in carrots and lemon juice.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into a 15 x 10 x 1-in jellyroll pan lined with parchment paper.
- Top with pecans bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Turn out onto towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Roll cake and towel together.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Roll back out and spread filling over cake.
- Roll back up without the towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- For the filling:.
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add nuts and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Spread over cake and roll up.
- Wrap in waxed paper and foil.
- Freeze or chill until ready to serve.