This is an unbelievably flavourful rice recipe that almost seems a little too yummy for so few calories! I found this recice on a newsgroup, trimmed and vegetarian-ised it, and thought I'd share it with everyone here! It can easily be veganised with a suitable butter substitute.
- Combine rice and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover with lid, and allow to steam until tender/cooked (about 20 minutes).
- While rice is cooking, pulverize peanuts in a blender and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute onions until golden brown.
- Stir in ginger, carrots, and salt to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and cover to steam 5 minutes.
- Stir in pepper and peanuts.
- When rice is done, add it to the skillet and stir gently to combine with other ingredients.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.