1/1 Photo of Carrot Rice with Peanuts
This is an unbelievably flavourful rice recipe that almost seems a little too yummy for so few calories! I found this recice on a newsgroup, trimmed and vegetarian-ised it, and thought I'd share it with everyone here! It can easily be veganised with a suitable butter substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rice and water in a medium saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Reduce heat to low, cover with lid, and allow to steam until tender/cooked (about 20 minutes).
- 4While rice is cooking, pulverize peanuts in a blender and set aside.
- 5Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Saute onions until golden brown.
- 7Stir in ginger, carrots, and salt to taste.
- 8Reduce heat to low and cover to steam 5 minutes.
- 9Stir in pepper and peanuts.
- 10When rice is done, add it to the skillet and stir gently to combine with other ingredients.
- 11Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Rice with Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 109.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g