Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A salad with an Asian twist. Nice with fish.
- 2 small carrots, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons mint, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons coriander, chopped (optional)
- Slice the carrots into thin, long ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- Place the carrot strips in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, chilli, vinegar, oil, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Toss gently.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped mint and coriander.