Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a refreshing, delicious accompaniment to all roasted or grilled meats, terrific for picnics as good side dish with barbequed foods, potato salad, or baked beans. Also, terrific to top cottage cheese and other salads. Will keep two weeks in fridge, but it won't last that long!
- 2 lbs shredded or grated carrots
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (or more if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- Combine carrots, sugar, juice and rind.
- If you want a sweeter relish, add more sugar.
- Mix well; refrigerate a few hours before use.
Was going to cut this recipe in half until I saw how long it would last refrigerated! Really enjoyed the combo of carrot & lemon, & I did use 2 very rounded teaspoons of lemon zest! A great, keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
We loved it! I am not real fond of carrots, so it is saying a lot when I say I thought this was just delicious. The lemon really perks the carrots up. I had about 3/4 pound of carrots I needed to use, so I adjusted the recipe to suit that amount. Using the food processor to shred the carrots makes this a breeze to put together in a matter of minutes. I will definitely be making this a lot over the summer. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!