Recipe by Chef mariajane
These yummy bars are made with wholesome ingredients including grated carrots, raisins, honey and yogurt. They're delicious daytime or after-school snacks. You can pack this nourishing treat for lunch also. This recipe can be made into muffins too - use an ice-cream scoop to measure batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. ENJOY!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup Robin Hood Nutri Flour Blend
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup crisco vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease or line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine bran, flour, carrots, brown sugar, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl,.
- Whisk yogurt, honey, oil and egg in a separate bowl. Add these ingredients to flour mixture. Stir well to combine. Batter will be thick.
- Place batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into 18 bars.
- If you are making muffins, bake at 375F, for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.