Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Diet Exchange: 1-1/2 Carbohydrate,1 Fat
Make and share this Carrot-Raisin Spice Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream of wheat
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- MIX flour, cereal, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda; set aside.
- BEAT applesauce and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until well blended.
- Stir in carrots and raisins; let stand 10 minutes.
- DROP rounded teaspoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto parchment paper-covered or nonstick baking sheets.
- BAKE at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
I give these a 3 out of 5 stars for the cookies alone but when I added Allspice Cream Cheese Frosting Allspice Cream Cheese Frosting on top of these cookies they become a 4 out of 5 stars. The cookies had an interesting texture due to the cream of wheat but there is not alot of flavor. They kinda taste like plain applesauce cookies. I added chocolate chips to 1/2 the cookies to make them a little sweeter because we didn't use raisins. I would make these again but definately with chocolate chips &/or frosting. Thanks for sharing this recipe, it was worth trying.