Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Instead of the usual mayonnaise dressing, this traditional salad uses healthy, lemon yogurt which adds a tangy sweetness.
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute, honey or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb carrot, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add carrot, pineapple and raisins, tossing gently.
- Cover and chill.
This carrot salad has a delicious flavor! Definitely a nice change from the norm. The yogurt makes it nice and tangy and the nutmeg adds an interesting flavor. I used lemon soy yogurt and honey as the sweetener. This went great with sloppy joes! I'll definitely be making this again.