Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from Luby's Cafeteria. DH loves this!
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup raisins, plumped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Shred carrots using a large hole grater or food processor.
- In a large bowl, comine the shredded carrots, raisins and pineapple.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and powdered sugar until well blended, pour over carrot mixture and toss lightly to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
For as long as I can remember, this salad has always been an automatic choice when I wanted a LUBY FIX & went there to eat. I always felt so saintly bypassing all their lovely desserts in favor of this sweet treat & I still do that ea time I am in Tulsa to visit family & friends. I halved the recipe for 3 of us on the occasion of the birthday of my MIL, used the drained pineapple juice to plump the raisins & served as part of her favorite meal - leg of lamb. DH & MIL loved it! Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
Wonderful! So easy to prepare and so good. Actually better when refrigerated overnight, and even easier since you don't need to plump the raisins first if made ahead. Served with homemade chicken strips, homemade chick fil A sauce copycat, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, and pecan pie which was a calorie fest but so good! Even so, this salad was the only leftover that I went for. Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Paula!
Very simple with things I had on hand! Thanks:)