1/1 Photo of Carrot Raisin Quick Bread
1 hr 16 mins
1 hr 6 mins
Another gem I found through Cooking Light magazine. This gives a very moist and packed with flavor quick bread that is lower in calories than a cake. I like to add chopped walnuts or pecans to the bread but the original recipe does not call for them so I left it as written. It is also fun to add about a 1/2 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut for a fun twist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Coat an 8-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt together.
- 3In a small bowl, combine carrots, brown sugar, raisins, milk, melted butter and beaten egg together.
- 4Add the carrot mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until mixture is moist (over mixing will produce a dry/dense bread).
- 5Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 6Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Raisin Quick Bread
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 208.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g