Cook1 hr 6 mins
Another gem I found through Cooking Light magazine. This gives a very moist and packed with flavor quick bread that is lower in calories than a cake. I like to add chopped walnuts or pecans to the bread but the original recipe does not call for them so I left it as written. It is also fun to add about a 1/2 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut for a fun twist.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat an 8-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt together.
- In a small bowl, combine carrots, brown sugar, raisins, milk, melted butter and beaten egg together.
- Add the carrot mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until mixture is moist (over mixing will produce a dry/dense bread).
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.