Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookes are not too sweet you can add in more sugar if desired, great for kid's lunch boxes!
Make and share this Carrot-Raisin Nut Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup coarsley chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or use pecans)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet/s with parchment paper.
- In a bowl cream butter with brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Mix in carrots and coconut.
- In a small bowl mix the flour with salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Mix in raisins and nuts.
- Drop large spoonfuls on prepared baking sheet/s.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until browned.
I made these last night! Very good recipe. I didn't change a thing! This is a keeper! Thank you!