Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookes are not too sweet you can add in more sugar if desired, great for kid's lunch boxes!
Make and share this Carrot-Raisin Nut Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup coarsley chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or use pecans)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet/s with parchment paper.
- In a bowl cream butter with brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.
- Mix in carrots and coconut.
- In a small bowl mix the flour with salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- Mix in raisins and nuts.
- Drop large spoonfuls on prepared baking sheet/s.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until browned.
I made these last night! Very good recipe. I didn't change a thing! This is a keeper! Thank you!