Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are really good. I got the orginial recipe from Sparkspeople but I made a few changes. I made mine gluten-free by using Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (instead of the whole wheat flour), I used unsweetened applesauce (instead of oil to make it lower fat) and lastly I used vanilla flavored yogurt instead of plain. They were declared a huge hit by husband who has already inhaled 2 while I am typing this! ENJOY!
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 14 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together yogurt, unsweetened applesauce, honey, vanilla extract, and orange juice in a separate bowl. Gently fold carrots into the yogurt mixture.
- Stir yogurt mixture into the flour mixture until just combined. Gently fold raisins into the batter. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups until nearly full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 12 to 13 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
These muffins were just great! We used a combined pumkin spice we made from scratch. Each one is 2 points on weight watchers. My kids also loved them. We actually used Hamiltons Barley flour and it was so good. Thank you; it is hard to find low fat and gluten free. healthy and yummy. Thumbs up on these yummy healthy muffins Tracey