1/1 Photo of Carrot, Raisin Fiber Muffins (Amish Friendship Starter)
Yet another recipe I dreamed up to use my never ending supply of Amish Friendship Starter. I am also always trying to find healthy recipes to send along to school with my preschooler and this one fits the bill! These freeze well, so feel free to eat some today and freeze the rest for later!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup amish starter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup pureed sweet potato (I buy baby food and use it to sneak veggies into my son, you can also use applesauce or pureed carro)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fiber cereal (crunched up)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons splenda artificial sweetener
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat is great, but will make for a more dense muffin)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (about 1 carrot)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Beat together wet ingredients (starter through vanilla) until just mixed.
- 2Add remaining dry ingredients (cereal through baking soda) and stir until just mixed (batter should be a little lumpy).
- 3Stir in carrots, raisins and nuts but do NOT over-mix.
- 4Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 20 minutes at 375 degrees.
- 5If not done, cook 5 minutes more and check again.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot, Raisin Fiber Muffins (Amish Friendship Starter)
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.2
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 276.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: