Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This cake is really good, you can adjust the spices if desired.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature (can also use margarine or use half butter and half margarine!)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups carrots (finely grated)
- 1 cup dark raisin
- Set oven to 350 degrees (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Sift together, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
- With an electric mixer beat sugar and butter until well blended (about 3 minutes).
- Add in eggs and lemon juice and beat well to combine.
- Add in the dry ingredients; beat until blended.
- Stir in the carrots and raisins with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer the better to prepared baking pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Cool then slice.