Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
You don't need lots of oil and eggs to make a rich-tasting bread — as this recipe shows!
Make and share this Carrot-Raisin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil two, 9- by 5-inch loaf pans.
- Stir together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Make well in center of dry mixture.
- In separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. Add mixture all at once to dry ingredients. Stir just enough to moisten and evenly distribute carrots.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and complete cooling on wire rack before slicing.