Recipe by lisarea
Low fat oat bran muffins for a heart healthy breakfast or snack.
Top Review by haven't the slightest
I used 1/3 of the ingredients and it yielded 10 instead of 8 muffins. I thought the taste of molasses overpowered the carrots and raisins, and was bitter rather than sweet. Although the texture was good and I liked the healthy ingredients in these muffins, I wouldn't make them again.
- 4 1⁄2 cups oat bran
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 6 carrots, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- ground cardamom (optional)
- ground cloves (optional)
- ground allspice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Combine oat bran and baking powder.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Add optional spices to taste--approximately 1/2 to 1 teaspoon each, in any combination.
- Pour mixture into 24 muffin tins (either oiled or lined with paper muffin cups).
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into muffins comes out clean.