Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Healthy snack for the kids.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees.
- Lightly grease 8x8-inch baking pan.
- Beat sugar and margarine with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended - about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla mix well.
- Mix in water.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Add to egg mixture and mix until blended.
- Mix in oats, raisins, and carrot.
- Spread dough in pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first bite! These bars are sweet, soft, and yummy! I did use oats, but threw in a little bit of coconut just for the heck of it! Very good and my son and I had fun making them! Thank you!
These are lovely. I did not have oats, so I substituted coconut. Worked out fine. Next time, I will double the recipe. One pan was enough for a snack and lunches the next day.