Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another delicious fresh drink from Nevis, West Indies. This is super healthy!
- 1 lb carrot, peeled
- 1 pint water
- 1 pint soymilk
- 3 tablespoons silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- unbleached cane sugar
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Add the grated carrots to the water.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve lined with cheesecloth, gathering up the cheesecloth once the liquid has drained through and squeezing to extract all the juice.
- Repeat this process finally discarding the carrots.
- Stir the milk, silken tofu, rosewater and nutmeg into the carrot juice.
- Add cane sugar to taste.