Recipe by Megan Thieme
This came from Good Housekeeping or Better Homes and Gardens or one of those magazines...It looks delish. I added a couple fat-saving additions, but it's the same otherwise
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) package pumpkin quick bread mix
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sixed bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 egg, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of muffin mix for topping. Place rest of mix in large bowl. Add remaining egg, carrots, milk, raisins, and oil. Stir until well-blended.
- Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 of batter. Spoon 1 heaping T of cream cheese mixture over top of each muffin.
- In a small bowl, combine reserved muffin mix, pecans, and margarine. Mix with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the cream cheese in each muffin mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool muffins in pan for 15 minutes. Gently lift muffins out of pan and cool completely.