Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a wonderful sweet/savoury pudding to be enjoyed with all sorts of roasts, especially poultry and pork.
Top Review by ThatSouthernBelle
Ended up skipping the cornflakes because we didn't have any in the house and it was too late to buy any. I had to make 1/4 of the recipe because my parents buy my younger siblings baby carrots that come in single serving bags. 20 bags is 1 lb and I didn't want to use them all because they take that to the park as snacks... so I took 6 bags ;-) (1 bag for good measure) Even though I made only 1/4 the recipe, it was enough for 3 of us. My 1 year old sister gobbled up most of it though. This reminded me of sweet potatoes and I served it with fried chicken, german potato salad, jalapeno cheddar corn bread and... what ever fresh veggies we had to snack on. Thanks!
- 1 lb carrot, peeled,cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Butter a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish or pan.
- Puree carrots, eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla, butter and nutmeg in blender until smooth.
- Pour into prepared souffle dish or pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Mix cornflakes, nuts, brown sugar and soft butter; sprinkle on top of souffle.
- Bake 10 minutes longer to caramelize slightly.